Saturday, November 13, 2010

India vs New Zealand Day 2 - My Take on the day's action

I watched this day's match at the stadium. The atmosphere was awesome. Every run scored & wicket taken by India team was cheered; although ocassionally any good performance by NZ fielders was also equally cheered by the crowd.

My Take on the day's action:
1. Sehwag's Dismissal at 96:
Man that is such a brainless shot. Sometimes it seems he just doesnt respect the game of cricket, like he just cant be bothered even trying to take it seriously. I guess 'thats how he plays'. Still love him though, my favourite non-nz player, but geez it annoys me to see someone with as much talent as ive ever seen just throw an innings away, at least wait until youve got the ton!

2. Ryder vs Taylor thought while watching the game
With regards to Whether Ryder > Taylor in tests. I was having this conversation today with my friend at the stadium. I think it is too soon to tell. Right now for me Ryder = Taylor. Give Ryder another ten test matches and then I think we will know. Of the two of them I prefer Taylor's technique.

3. On Kane's Dismissal
Dissapointed with Kane's dismissal - I thought a forward defence would have been better than an attempted drive through the on side. Needs to give respect to Khan.

Looking forward to tomorrow's day of play..Go Black Caps

No comments: